Friday, April 24, 2009

April 24

cj: loud, loud, loud. What can I do? She's reading a bit and doing some schoolwork, a big improvement but he loudness makes it hard to keep others on task. I struggle to know how to deal with her, but always try to do it with questions not orders or criticism.
et: listening to music, doing almost nothing but he claims to have done his project. I suspect it will be so short and unintelligible to be worth much of a grade. How do I make him understand he can't pass doing what he is doing?
id: seems to be reading Serpico. I'm very encouraged.
cb: doing a report on basketball without really reading his book, Hoop Dreams. He doesn't understand that I need him to read that book.
eb: doing all the right things. My biggest success story though it's really owing, I think, to her mother's passionate concern for her school progress.
sl: did her project but spends too much time listening to music and wasting time. A classic D student for me, doing enough to survive but not really learning anything
mq: agonizingly slow at anything to do with school; he seems to hate everything about it and I have no answers on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment